Mon Feb 5, 6:45 – 8:45 pm
Townsite Anglican Church basement, 6310 Sycamore St
(please enter through rear doors)
Who this course is for:
Small businesses and non-profits who already have a Facebook Business Page and some experience using it, and want to get more out of it.
What we’ll cover:
- Things you can use your FB business page for
- How to get people to Like your page
- What to post
- Advertising on Facebook, including “remarketing” using the FB pixel
- Analytics (“Insights”) which show you how many people you are reaching and what they are doing
- How to link to a web store and display your products right on your FB page
- How to change which sections (previously “tabs”) are listed on the side of your page, what order they show in, and add custom ones
- How to use plugins on your web site to connect to your Facebook page
- How to connect other social media accounts to Facebook and your web site
How Will This Help You?
You know already that your customers and clients are on Facebook, and that`s why you have a business page. This session will show you how to make more use of your page to reach more customers, and how to integrate it with your other internet presences.
Why I decided to do this
I see so many people putting in time and effort to create a Facebook business page, and then not getting much out of it.
Because I want to make this info available to everyone who can use it, I’ve decided to make this course “Pay What You Want”. That means, you choose the price. It also means that those who need the info but don’t have much cash to spare right now can get it – and those who can afford to help others out and pay it forward, can pay more to do so. Can’t do your karma any harm, either!
So how much should you pay? The usual cost for a session like this would be $30 – $50: for example, the Urban Homesteading School classes that I run cost $30 – $50 per session, and VIU’s computer classes cost $149 plus tax for 4 sessions (that’s $37.25 per session). If you can only pay a little, $5 would be a good minimum.
This class is now FULL but I will be re-running it later in the spring, along with others. If you ‘d like to be on the wait list, please use the Contact page to let me know.
How to Pay
- Email Interac bank transfer to email@example.com
- Paypal send your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cash or check (made out to Kevin Wilson): send to or drop off at 5865 Mowat Ave, Powell River, BC, V8A 4C2
What to Bring
You will have the opportunity to work on your Facebook page during the class, and to do that you’ll need to bring a laptop or a tablet, and be able to log in to your personal Facebook account on it. Wifi will be available.